This document was last updated August 7, 2015
It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information in certain circumstances.
Our Commitment to Privacy
Eastwind respects the privacy of individuals who provide us with personal information, including our customers, resellers, distributors, service providers and visitors to our website, and is committed to protect the personal information that is provided to us through our website, by email, or by other means.
EastWind may collect personal information as described below. In each case, we only collect personal information that we believe to be relevant and required to provide an individual with requested information and services and/or to conduct our business. For instance, we may collect and use personal information in connection with:
- User and Site visitor surveys
- Registration of products and services
- Direct marketing by Eastwind or its marketing service providers
- Responding to inquiries
- Providing technical support or consulting services
- Viewing of product demonstrations
- Participation in marketing promotions
- Participation in seminars, training courses or events
- Career opportunities at Eastwind
We may also obtain information, including personal information, from third parties and sources other than the Site, such as our partners and advertisers. If we combine or associate information from other sources with personal information that we collect through the Site, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
In order to protect the privacy interests of younger Internet users, we do not actively market our web sites or products to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 for marketing purposes. We encourage children of any age to visit our web sites or to use our products and services only with the supervision of their parents.
We use personal information collected to personalize, provide, and improve our products and services, to allow users to set up a user account and profile, to contact users, to fulfill user requests for certain products and services, to analyze how users use the products and services, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time on the Site.
In our marketing communications we provide an option for you to choose not to receive marketing communications any longer, and you may always contact us at email@example.com to opt-out of marketing communications (however, we reserve the right to use your contact information if we consider it necessary to send you crucial information about the product or services you have purchased from us.)
If an individual chooses to provide Eastwind with personal information, that personal information will be used solely by and transferred only to Eastwind and its resellers, distributors and service providers, which are those companies contracted by Eastwind to deliver requested information and services.
An individual’s personal information is typically not shared outside Eastwind without the individual’s permission, except under conditions explained below. Eastwind may send personal information to service providers under any of the following circumstances:
- When we have an individual’s consent to share the information.
- If sharing an individual’s information is necessary to provide a product or service that is requested. If personal information is shared with third parties we will only provide the information they need to deliver the service. Also, such companies are prohibited from using such personal information for any other purpose.
- To keep individuals up to date on the latest product announcements, product updates, special offers or other information we think they would like to hear about either from us or from our service providers (unless the individuals have opted out of these types of communications).
We will also disclose personal information if required or permitted to do so by law, or in urgent circumstances, to protect personal safety, the public or our websites. In addition, Eastwind may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your personal information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Access to Your Information
If you wish to correct or delete of any of your personal information held by us or request a change in the way we use your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to fulfill your request in a timely manner, but not more than 30 days. However, even if we delete such personal information from our ‘live’ database, it may still be stored on other databases (including those kept for archival purposes).